Kid’s Korner Camp (Age 5 - Entering Gr. 2)
Your child will have non-stop fun this summer in the Kid’s Korner interactive and educational camp!
The Kid’s Korner Camp is an enriching program for children who have reached their 5th birthday by the start of the session enrolled in (proof of age required must be toilet trained) through those entering 2nd grade. Campers will enjoy a variety of activities including: arts and crafts, educational themes, painting, water sprinkler day, outdoor and indoor creative play, games, story time, scavenger hunts and snack time in this super fun and inclusive camp. For a special treat Popsicle's will be served during our outdoor games and sprinkler days and special snacks are enjoyed on our special event days including ice cream and frozen fruit pops. There is a new theme each session to keep your child/ren captivated all summer long. This camp will be held during the hot summer months. Please remember to bring ample water and apply sun protection to your child before camp. Parents are also asked to pack a nut-free snack/lunch that is labeled with their child’s name on it. We will also have a fun Sprinkler day on Tuesdays each week. Please have your child wear a swim-suit/swim attire under their camp close that day and bring a towel. If there are thunderstorms, we will move the sprinkler day to another day during the camp week and parents will be notified in advanced.
This summer, camp slots will be open to Suffield residents whose parents/caregivers are essential workers, called back to work, and our camps serve as their primary source of child care until June 22. After this deadline, we will open camps up to all Suffield families, if there are slots available until June 24th
Session 1: June 29 - July 10 (no camp on Friday, July 3)
Session 2: July 13 - 24
Session 3: July 27- August 7
Time: 9:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Ages: 5 Years old - Entering Grade 2
Location: Spaulding Elementary School
- All children should wear sneakers, socks and bring a lunch and drinks to camp each day, and swim suit and towel to camp on water days only. *Water days are on Tuesday's each week unless there are thunderstorms
- No open toe footwear.
- Please note if your child has any food allergies in their medical form. (If your child requires an Epi-Pen, additional paperwork must be filled out and completed before the start of camp) Please list if your child requires and Epi-pen.
- During hot days, remember to pack ample water and please apply sun protection/bug spray to your child each day before camp. (We will be going outside on the fields on many days of camp)
- Registration closes on the following dates and/or earlier if enrollment reaches maximum capacity.
- For Session 1: July 6
- For Session 2: July 6
- For Session 3: July 20
- Limited enrollment for all options.
COVID-19 safety precautions along with CDC guidelines, as well as state and local policies.
- Anyone (including staff) that enters the building will have temperature taken daily, and results logged along with contact information for potential contact tracing. This is done on site, if a second nurse is able to be hired. If not, we have a “hub” system and those that are cleared via State guidelines will be permitted to attend.
- Staff is required to wear approved masks
- Campers are required to wear cloth face coverings when feasible. Staff safety and protection in addition to children is essential for success of the camps.
- Every effort will be made to have campers stay socially distant while at camp
- Entering and exiting of the camp areas are one way, to reduce potential contact with others
- Drop off and pick up areas are at different locations for each group
- Arts and Craft supplies are stored and used only for each group
- All areas are cleaned at the end of camp daily
- Each group will have separate and distinct colored wristbands that must be worn every day to camp. This will help staff organize and assist the campers to remain in their own group.
- Bathroom protocol: Bathrooms are cleaned at the end of camp daily. Each group will utilize their own bathroom stalls and sinks. These will be designated with the groups color or the camper groups will be using two seperate bathroom areas.
- Any equipment used will be sanitized daily with a log being kept
- Camp Counselors are dedicated to their groups.
- Camp Director and P&R Staff will observe and work with camp staff and directors while socially distant.