This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Recreational Soccer Program for Boys and Girls Entering Grades K - 6. SUFFIELD RESIDENTS ONLY.
Program is designed to teach skills and fundamentals in a non-competitive and fun atmosphere.
All grades will be playing a 3 V 3 format with no goalie and pop-up goals. Field size will be adjusted accordingly. The focal point of the 3 V 3 format is to give every child more touches on the ball and keep children active and engaged.
There will be smaller team sizes with only 1 (possibly 2 coaches per team). We realize you may like to coach with other people for a variety of reasons, but with smaller teams, we need to spread out the coaches.
The Program will be held on one weeknight (practice) and Saturdays.
For your planning purposes and for a consistent schedule, please select one of the given options for a weeknight practice.
Week night practices are held for one hour, between the 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. time frame based on the Coaches discretion. Saturday (scrimmages or games) will be held in the 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. time frame.
Please select one of the given options for a weeknight practice.
Kindergarten: Monday only
Grades 1 & 2 Boys: Tuesday or Wednesday
Grades 1 & 2 Girls: Tuesday or Wednesday
Grades 3 & 4 Boys: Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 3 & 4 Girls: Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 5 & 6 Boys: Monday or Thursday
Grades 5 & 6 Girls: Monday or Thursday
COACHING: Volunteer coaches are needed! We are offering an incentive program to coaches who commit to coaching a full season. Coaches will have the opportunity to register their child in a future sports program at a discount (ie: Basketball 2019, Tee-Ball/Softball 2019). In order to receive this discount you must register to coach and register your child between June 4 and July 31.
A Coaches only clinic will be held on Monday, August 27 along with the Coaches Meeting at Suffield Middle School Gym, 5:45 p.m.
NO REFUNDS AFTER AUGUST 10.
Please call the Parks & Recreation Office (860-668-3862) to register.
- Program is designed to teach skills and fundamentals in a non-competitive and fun atmosphere.
- Registration Starts June 4, 2018.
- Late Fee of $20.00 will be applied to registrations after July 31.
- Note: 25% CANCELLATION FEE.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER August 10.
- Children will be placed on teams according to grade entering in the Fall 2018 school year, based on gender, siblings and parent coaches.
- Sibling Discount will be applied upon checkout.
- Practices will begin September 4 and program runs through October 27. Practices are designated weeknights and games are played on Saturdays. (mainly in the morning).
- Monday, August 27 will be the Coaches only Soccer Clinic along with the Coaches Meeting at Suffield Middle School Gym, 5:45 p.m.
- Note: No soccer on Saturday, September 8 (Suffield on the Green).
Players must have shin guards.
Players should bring their own soccer ball to practice.
Sneakers or cleats should be worn. For grades 3 – 6, cleats are recommended.
Grade K, 1 & 2 = #3
Grades 3 & 4 = #4
Grades 5 & 6 = #5
JEWELRY For your child’s safety and safety of others, jewelry is not allowed.
Practicies, Teams & Philosophy
• Parents will be receiving a call from their Coach after the August 27 Coaches Meeting to introduce themselves.
• Late registrants after July 31 will be placed on established teams according to teams needs ex. size/gender.
• This program encourages good sportsmanship, there will be no “playing up or down” and no team standings will be
• The Department reserves the right to dismiss any child from a program who is disruptive and reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer Coach who does not follow the governing procedures, policies and philosophy of the Parks & Recreation Department.
- COACHES MEETING: MONDAY, AUGUST 27, 5:45 p.m. Suffield Middle School Gym.
- Team info. program guidelines & coaching tips will be reviewed.
- We anticipate high enrollment in this program and parental involvement is encouraged.
- Volunteering to coach is greatly appreciated.
- Please fill out the Code of Ethics Agreement For Coaches below (forms) and return to the office or bring it to the meeting.
- Monday, August 27 will be the Coaches only Soccer Clinic at Suffield Middle School Gym, 5:45 p.m. along with the Coaches Meeting.
Additional Forms and Files: