2021 Fall Recreational Soccer Program for Boys and Girls Entering Grades K - 6. SUFFIELD RESIDENTS ONLY.
Program is designed to teach skills and fundamentals in a fun atmosphere.
All grades will be playing a small sided format, and the field size will be adjusted accordingly. The focal point of the small sided format is to give every child more touches on the ball and keep children active and engaged.
There will be smaller team sizes. We realize you may like to coach with other people for a variety of reasons, but with smaller teams, we need to spread out the coaches.
The Program will be held on one weeknight (practice) and Saturdays.
For your planning purposes and for a consistent schedule, please select your preferred night of the given options for a weeknight practice. *We will make every effort to accommodate your chosen night for practice, but it is not guaranteed.
Week night practices are held for one hour, between the 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. time frame based on the Coaches discretion. Saturday (scrimmages or games) will be held in the 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. time frame.
Weeknight Practice Days:
Kindergarten: Monday or Thursday
Grades 1 & 2 Boys: Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 1 & 2 Girls: Monday, Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 3 & 4 Boys: Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 3 & 4 Girls: Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 5 & 6 Boys: Monday or Thursday
Grades 5 & 6 Girls: Monday or Thursday
Late Fee of $20.00 will be applied to registrations after August 1.
COACHING: Volunteer coaches are needed. We are offering an incentive program to coaches who commit to coaching a full season. Coaches will have the opportunity to register their child in a future sports program at a discount (ie: Basketball 2021/22, Tee-Ball/Softball 2022). In order to receive this discount you must register to coach and register your child.
A Coaches only clinic will be held prior to the start of the season, along with the Coaches Meeting at Suffield Middle School Cafeteria/Gym. Date is TBD.
*The program is subject to change to adhere to public health concerns.
Registration closes on Wednesday, September 1st at 10:00am.
NO REFUNDS AFTER AUGUST 27, 2021.
- Program is designed to teach skills and fundamentals in a non-competitive and fun atmosphere.
- Registration Starts July 2, 2021.
- Late Fee of $20.00 will be applied to registrations after August 1.
- Note: 25% CANCELLATION FEE.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER August 27, 2021.
- A $5 per child fee is incorporated into the program cost. This fee is non-refundable if the program is canceled by us for any reason.
- Children will be placed on teams according to grade entering in the Fall 2021 school year, based on gender, siblings and parent coaches.
- Sibling Discount will be applied upon checkout.
- Practices can begin September 6 and program runs through November 6 (with rain make up date of November 13). Practices are designated weeknights and games are played on Saturdays. (mainly in the morning).
- Players are responsible to buy black shorts and soccer socks.
- Players must have shin guards.
- Players should bring their own soccer ball to practice.
- Sneakers or cleats should be worn.
- For grades 3–6, cleats are recommended.
- BALL SIZE:
- Grades: Kindergarten, 1 & 2 = #3
- Grades: 3 & 4 = #4
- Grades: 5 & 6 = #5
- For your child’s safety and safety of others, jewelry is not allowed.
Practicies, Teams & Philosophy
• Parents will be receiving a call from their Coach after the Coaches Meeting to introduce themselves.
• Late registrants after August 7 will be placed on established teams according to teams needs ex. size/gender.
• This program encourages good sportsmanship, there will be no “playing up or down” and no team standings will be
• The Department reserves the right to dismiss any child from a program who is disruptive and reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer Coach who does not follow the governing procedures, policies and philosophy of the Parks & Recreation Department.
- COACHES MEETING: TBD at the Suffield Middle School Cafeteria/Gym
- Team info. program guidelines & coaching tips will be reviewed.
- We anticipate high enrollment in this program and parental involvement is encouraged.
- Volunteering to coach is greatly appreciated.
- Please fill out the Code of Ethics Agreement For Coaches below (forms) and return to the office or bring it to the meeting.
- Coaches only Soccer Clinic TBD at the Suffield Middle School Cafeteria/Gym.
Additional Forms and Files: