Sunrise Day Camp (Entering Gr. 2-5)
Get ready for some outdoor fun this summer at Sunrise Day Camp. Suffield Parks and Recreation has planned a summer to remember!
Campers will spend their days at the Park enjoying a variety of outdoor activities related to the week's theme. Show off their creativity with arts & crafts, exploring and learning about nature, participating in games and much more. Best of all, activities are designed toward the interest and skill levels appropriate for that age group. So come out and test your fishing skills, practice your painting, play some gaga ball with your friends, and splash in White's Pond on a hot day!
Session 1 Themes-
Summer Dayz: Kick your summer off with Suffield Parks and Rec. & Party in the USA
Session 2 Themes-
Game On: Sports Week & Animal Planet
Session 3 Themes-
Going for the Gold & Splish Splash Water Week!
The Parks and Recreation Staff is committed to offering new experiences that encourage imagination, growth and adventure. Don't miss out on all the fun!
All children should wear sneakers & socks and bring a lunch, drink, swim suit and towel to camp daily. No open toed footwear. This outdoor camp will be held during the hot summer months. Remember to bring ample water and wear sun protection.
All COVID protocols will be followed to ensure maximum safety for campers and staff.
NOTE: No Camp on Monday, July 5.
PLEASE NOTE: We ask everyone to check their temperature before coming to all programs and events and if you have a temperature, over 100 please do not attend. Also, please do not have your child attend the program if they are feeling ill or if you or any family members/close contacts are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. All participants must wear a face mask.
- Sneakers and socks are required throughout the day for activities. No open toe footwear.
- Bring or wear a swim suit each day
- Bring a towel and sunscreen, child must apply.
- During the swimming portion of the day, you may pack your child's backpack with crocs, aqua shoes or similar. Children will be required to change back into socks and sneakers. Please pack change of clothes.
- Bring lunch, snack and healthy non-caffeinated drink (extra water on hot days) in a cooler with the child's name written on cooler.
- PLEASE do not bring gum, money, personal or valuable items, IPods, MP3, cell phones, electronic devices, trading cards, squirt guns, etc.
- During hot days, remember to bring ample water and wear sun protection.
- Registration closes on the following dates and/or earlier if enrollment reaches maximum capacity.
- For Session 1: June 10
- For Session 2: July 1
- For Session 3: July 16
- Limited enrollment for all options.
- Sibling discount for RESIDNTS ONLY will be applied upon check out.
- We invite parents/guardians to stay a few minutes on the first day of their session to meet the camp staff.
About Our Camp
- Children will have good old fashion fun, show off their creativity with special events, talent shows and arts & crafts!
- Nature exploration, adventure games, sports and trendy children’s activities will all be played daily and change weekly, all stressing team cooperation, acceptance and fun.
- There is a new theme each session to keep campers captivated all Summer long.
- Free swim and basic swim stroke review will be part of this camp, contingent upon the hiring availability of certified waterfront staff. (This is not an American Red Cross sanctioned program).
- Children must participate in swim stroke review. If a child must miss this portion, a note is to be given to the Camp Director and Waterfront Staff signed by a Parent, Guardian or Doctor excusing the child.
Additional Forms and Files: