Adventure Camp (Entering Gr. 6-8)
Don’t miss out on the fun this summer! Campers entering grades 6-8 get ready for a summer adventure filled with team challenges, high tech treasure hunts, special field trips and much more. Make some new friends, and have an enjoyable summer outdoors at Adventure Camp!
Optional basic swim stroke review and free swim will be part of this camp (this is not an American Red Cross sanctioned program). Each two week session will include trips to: Brownstone*, Farmington River Tubing*, Suffield Youth Center and Babb's Beach. From these new experiences, campers discover in themselves new found confidence and strength. They learn how to trust in themselves, and each other, as they work together to explore, problem-solve, and achieve common goals. An empowering experience for all! Trip days may vary depending on the weather. Water shoes or an old pair of sneakers are required to be worn for our Farmington River Tubing* & Brownstone Exploration* field trips. *Field trips are subject to change.
All campers should come prepared wearing closed toed shoes, water bottle, lunch, swim suit and towel to camp daily. No open toed footwear is allowed. This outdoor camp will be held during the hot summer months so remember to bring ample water and wear and pack sun protection! Water shoes or an old pair of sneakers are required to be worn for our Farmington River Tubing & Brownstone Exploration field trips. * Field Trips subject to change
All COVID protocols will be followed to ensure maximum safety for campers and staff.
NOTE: No Camp on Monday, July 5.
PLEASE NOTE: We ask everyone to check their temperature before coming to all programs and events and if you have a temperature, over 100 please do not attend. Also, please do not have your child attend the program if they are feeling ill or if you or any family members/close contacts are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19. All participants must wear a face mask.
- Sneakers and socks are required throughout the day for activities. No open toe footwear.
- Bring or wear a swim suit each day for Swim Stroke Review and Free Swim.
- Bring a towel and sunscreen, child must apply.
- During the swimming portion of the day, you may pack your child's backpack with crocs, aqua shoes or similar. Children will be required to change back into socks and sneakers. Please pack change of clothes.
- Bring lunch, snack and healthy non-caffeinated drink (extra water on hot days) in a cooler with the child's name written on cooler.
- PLEASE do not bring gum, money, personal or valuable items, IPods, MP3, cell phones, electronic devices, trading cards, squirt guns, etc.
- During hot days, remember to bring ample water and wear sun protection.
- Registration closes on the following dates and/or earlier if enrollment reaches maximum capacity.
- For Session 1: June 10
- For Session 2: July 1
- For Session 3: July 16
- Limited enrollment for all options.
- Sibling discount for RESIDNTS ONLY will be applied upon check out.
- We invite parents/guardians to stay a few minutes on the first day of their session to meet the camp staff.
- Campers must pass Parks & Recreation swim test to go on field trips to Farmington and Brownstone.