Basketball 2022 Season - Youth Grades 3 & 4
Basketball 2022 Season Youth, Grades 3 & 4
Program will develop game skills, teamwork, sportsmanship and respect for players, coaches and referees. Practicing of skills will be conducted on weeknights and develop into games accordingly on Saturdays. Teams will play games against each other and referees will be used. Teams are formed randomly based on siblings, parent coaches and years of playing. We will try to honor neighborhood carpool requests and cannot guarantee all requests, as making balanced teams is our first priority.
Suffield Residents only.
Program Days & Dates: GIRLS: Wednesdays and Saturdays, December 8, through February 26.
Program Days & Dates: BOYS: Thursdays and Saturdays, December 9, through February 26.
NOTE: No games on December 11, 25 & January 1.
Grades 3 & 4: WEDNESDAYS: Rotating time slots between 5:15 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
SATURDAYS: Rotating time slots between 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Grades 3 & 4: THURSDAYS: Rotating time slots between 5:15 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
SATURDAYS: Rotating time slots between 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
All times are subject to change. A specific schedule will be distributed to the coaches once all teams are finalized.
Location: Various Suffield School Gyms. Due to gymnastics program at the Middle School, dates will be limited.
Discount: $5.00 for second child or more.
Registration closes on Saturday, November 27 and/or earlier if enrollment reaches maximum capacity. Limited enrollment.
Late Fee: $95.00 effective Friday, November 12.
NOTE: No refunds after Friday, December 3.
Teams are formed randomly. PLEASE NO SPECIAL REQUESTS.
PLEASE NOTE: Shirt size availability may be limited.
Masks must be worn at all times while inside the school.
For your child’s safety and the safety of others, jewelry and casts are not allowed.
- Inclement Weather: Cancellations will be on suffieldrec.com and our Facebook page, or Email and Text messages will be sent to your Myrec account Email Programs have a specific start and end date and can not be extended. If the schools close early or are closed due to weather or any unforeseen situations, we have no access to the facilities and the programs are automatically cancelled.
- Due to circumstances out of our control, school functions randomly may cancel our programs at late notice and make ups may not be possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may bring. PROGRAMS HAVE LIMITED ENROLLMENT AND LIMITED GYM SPACE.
- The deadline for registration is established so that we can properly be prepared for the program with instructors and equipment. We appreciate your advanced cooperation. All registrations submitted after the deadline will be charged a late fee. Register early to avoid late fee.
- 25% Cancellation Fee will be charged for cancellations.
- NOTE: No refunds after Friday, December 3.
- We anticipate high enrollment in this program and parental involvement is encouraged.
- Volunteering to coach is greatly appreciated.
- COACHES MEETING: TBD Coaches are required to attend this meeting to learn more about the expectations of the program. This informative session will cover the program format and materials and equipment will be distributed. Specific coaching techniques and rules of basketball will be discussed.
- HANDS ON COACHES CLINIC: TBA
- Please fill out the Coaches Code of Conduct (below) and return to the office.